What is the Best Paint for Countertops?

I need to paint my kitchen counters. What should I use?

By Patricia

Answers

Home Depot has a Counter Resurfacing Kit. I would try that.

February 17, 2011 Flag

What paint should I use for countertops?

By Darleen from NC

Answers:

What is the Best Paint for Countertops?

Darleen,
My wife and I had a house with really ugly counter tops; think clown nose red. The cost effective method that we used, to cover the red, was to tile the counter top.

We bought very inexpensive tiles that were on clearance. The best advice we were given was to buy a good adhesive so the tiles would stick directly the counter top. Additionally, we bought a bag of spacers, a manual tile cutter, grout and silicone grout sealer. We did not buy fancy corner pieces we just used the cut tile for corners and the front of the counter.

Our process:
layout the tile on top of old counter with spacers to see our pattern,
once we got the pattern we liked we glue the tiles in place,
after tiles dried we grouted,
finally, we water proof grout
If the tile is not sealed then you have to seal the tile (http://www.ehow.com/how_5704457_waterproof-tile-grout.html); the tile we bought was sealed.

The project was very inexpensive, easy, fun but most important the kitchen looked fantastic!

Bob (also from NC) (08/12/2010)

By rjwilcox

What is the Best Paint for Countertops?

I would also recommend tiling, but if that's not an option for you. Lowes sells a paint that is made for countertops. It comes in about 16 different colors and the end result is very nice. It does wear nicely, but depending how hard you are on your counters you might have to touch up or even repaint every so often as needed. With the tile as long as you seal the grout really good. It will last for years. (08/15/2010)

By bambi2003

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Painting TechniquesFebruary 17, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Painted Laminate Countertops
Best Sealant for Painted Laminate Countertops
Painted laminate countertop.
New Countertops for Less Than $100
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 8:33:39 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.