Refrigerator Lights Don't Work

Category Refrigerator
Refrigerator
There are a few reasons that the lights in your refrigerator don't work. This is a guide about when refrigerator lights don't work.

My LG fridge has 2 lights that won't come on when I open the doors. There is a brief and small light visible in the bulbs, but they don't come on. What is wrong?

By Dan

Best Answer

Sometime you can try tightening the bulb or loosen it. Or you might need a new light bulb. Target sells them.

Best Answer

If tightening or changing the bulb doesn't help, the next thing to do is see if there is anything else plugged in on the same circuit that is drawing such an electrical load that it's taking away from the power to the fridge.

Are your foods warmer than they should be? A good item to install in the refrigerator compartment is a fridge thermometer to keep track of the temps inside. Costing under $5USD, a fridge thermometer is a good thing to have even in a fridge you think is working properly.

A fridge should always be on it's own circuit but frequently isn't. A lot of people have the microwave plugged into the same circuit, or some other heavy drawing appliance.

I have taken out all the screws on control panel on my Kenmore (frig side) to put the light button back in the hole. I can't get the control panel to come off of the frig. How do I do this without tearing it up?

By Micki