Yard Machine Riding Mower Won't Start With the Switch

I have a twin cylinder Yard Machine rider mower, it got to where it would not start with the key. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid switch under the seat and it still won't start with the switch. I can jump directly from the positive on the battery to the starter post and it will start. What is my problem? Could it be the safety switches, they seem to be making up when pressed in? What's a good way to test those switches?

By Marty from Conway, AR

Answers

I have the same problem with my Murray 14 hp twin rider. Replaced seat switch, and checked others and then took the key switch off and low and behold one connection prong was so corroded it broke off. So tomorrow headed down toget a replacement one. So far that's the only thing I can think of.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 13, 2011
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 7:35:24 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.