HealthDogs

Puppy With Stomach Problems

Category Health

I was given a 4 week old pit and I don't know why but all of a sudden her stomach seems to be twice the size and her tummy makes a lot of rumbling noises. Also I've been giving her is regular milk instead of a formula milk. I've had other dogs but never a baby.

Angel

Sounds like your puppy has bloat. Dogs don't digest cows milk well at all. Most formulas for babies are soy bean based. Call your vet and get the puppy in for a visit asap.

Puppy has gas. She needs to on puppy milk from the pet store, not cow's milk.

I would take her to the Veterinarian ASAP. 4 weeks is too young to be away from her mother.

My dogs (Dobies) drink milk twice a day, they are adult though. They are given only organic whole and they have never had a problem. I would never try to care for a 4 week old puppy without strict guidance from a Vet.

Good luck!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

why was she taken from her mother so soon.

veternarian is where she needs to go if you wont take her back to mom

Oftentimes, infant animals are lactose intolerant. Did you know that humans are the only animals that consume milk after infancy? Or that we are the only animals that consume the milk of other animals? There is no reason to be feeding your puppy the milk of other animals -- it's body is designed to consume milk from its mother. Stop feeding your puppy regular milk and find a puppy-friendly alternative. I would also suggest a trip to the vet.

The puppy could also have round worms. She needs to be taken to the vet as soon as possible, mainly because of her age. She's too young to be away from her mother. Maybe she needs a special diet. I was told that a puppy should be with the mother until they are least 10 weeks old, but 12 weeks is better. I cannot understand why puppies are given away so young.

Ger her to the vet. She is much too young to have been taken from her mother and may need supplements in addition to puppy milk.

GET HER TO THE VET NOW !!! THE POOR THING IS SUFFERING AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM HER MUM YET !!!

have you have had the puppy checked for worms? If so, a mild meal for the puppy is to mix equal parts of rice and cottage cheese.""

Go to this website (www.peteducation.com). It will tell you avery thing you need to know cause I was going through the same thing with my 3 pitbull puppies and you can wing them that early cause I have been breeding pit bull for the last 7 years.