Use Up Extra Milk By Making Pudding

Don't let the milk spoil.

I stock up on our favorite pudding when it's on sale at Walgreens (Usually 3/$1). If my milk is close to expiring I just make a batch of pudding for dessert.

By Bethany from South Carolina

Bread pudding is another one.

Making rice pudding is a good way to use up a lot of milk.

Yummy idea! Also, if you are a gleaner (someone who belongs to a club that collects past pull-date foods) & end up with a bunch of heavy or light cream, make your own butter!

* It's easy! All you need to do is put the cream in a bowl & beat it with electric beaters (or a blender) until it turns into butter (about 5 minutes) It will first turn to whipped cream then into butter. You may have several tablespoons of whey left over (it looks like water) Just scoop it out of the bowl or blot it out with a clean paper towel. Lastly add a bit of salt & *PRESTO* you have wonderfully tasty, fresh butter! I don't know why, but it will usually last longer than the cream will.

Super idea.

There's also kulfi! It's an ice-cream like frozen dessert from India made by boiling down milk to a fraction of it's original volume.

July 30, 2009 Flag

Because I am a Weight Watcher, I keep skim milk on hand at all times, but sometimes I can't use it all before the expiration date. I keep instant pudding mix on hand and make pudding with the milk that's about to expire. This way, I don't have to throw away the milk and I get a special treat.

By Summer from Macon, GA

Answers:

Use Up Extra Milk By Making Pudding

You can freeze milk as well and it does not affect the taste. Just be sure to shake it up when it thaws. (10/20/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Use Up Extra Milk By Making Pudding

If you use non-instant pudding instead of instant pudding, the bacteria that grew in the milk while it was sitting in your fridge will be killed by the heat as you cook your pudding. Instant pudding simply covers up the sour taste and smell, yuck!

Disclaimer: I am not a microbiologist. (10/20/2008)

By Holly

Use Up Extra Milk By Making Pudding

A dear pal on chemo said her doctor strongly urges her to drink milk and eat dairy products. She said she doesn't like milk, so she makes puddings a lot. It gives her a special treat, one that's helping her plus it helps sooth a nauseated tummy. (10/25/2008)

By badwater

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversJuly 31, 2009
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄
🍂