House Gift Box
Decorate a papier mache house by using fun papers and cute embellishments to create a unique gift box. Fill it with sweets, cookies, potpourri, gift tags, or note cards.
- 5.75 x 7.5 x 3.5 inch papier mache house with roof
- two 12 x 12 inch coordinating scrapbook papers
- two color cardstock
- mini paper flowers
- stripe ribbon
- die-cut butterfly
- pink pearl sticker
- craft glue
- glue stick
- sponge brush, paper plate, pencil, ruler, scissors
- Place house onto first coordinating paper and trace front, back, and sides. Trace roof and chimney onto second paper. Cut out all pieces.
- Place small amount of craft glue onto paper plate.
- On one side of house, spread glue with sponge brush to make an even layer. Place traced paper onto glue and press to hold. Continue gluing and papering other sides of house. Attach papers to roof and chimney.
- Make a template in white cardstock for the door. Trace it onto cardboard and green cardstock. Cut out both pieces. Adhere green door to cardboard door using glue stick. For each window, cut a rectangle from cardboard and green cardstock. Glue green rectangle to cardboard rectangle. Next, trim 4 small rectangles from pink cardstock and glue to green rectangle. Position and glue windows to sides of house. Glue door onto front. (Note: I used cardboard for a raised effect.)
- Trim and glue stripes ribbon onto chimney.
- Decorate the house with mini paper flowers, butterfly, and pearl sticker.
Source: American Crafts papers and ribbon; Making Memories mini flowers and die-cut butterfly
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
June 1, 20110 found this helpful
You have made a very beautiful gift box, and it would make a great place to keep all sorts of things in that you could then leave out so that they're handy without looking messy.
I'll have fun trying anyway, and thank you for sharing.
June 3, 20110 found this helpful
Very pretty box and looks like it'd be fun to make. Where did you find the paper mache box shaped like that?
June 8, 20110 found this helpful
Paper mache house box is from Michaels.
June 10, 20110 found this helpful
This is so cute! That would make a sweet wedding gift holder with movie-night stuff it in.. or a Mother's Day git box, or obviously a House-Warming gift! Aww! Thanks for posting the craft!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 11:23:59 PM on 10.0.0.61 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us