Apply Early if Needing Help for the Holidays

I have seen several requests for help for the holidays. While volunteering, I learned that some agencies in this area require that you apply for help in early November or even late October.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

Another thing I have heard from various people is that not every one that applies for help will get it because the demand is more than the supply.

These are both excellent points. I'll add one more: be patient with the social worker or whomever you see. And remember, these things take time! We'd asked the Veterans' Affairs for and been approved for help last month for our "core bills." I've checked the website of the one for which I have access and the promised payment hadn't yet been processed. Hubby insisted I call. The Admin very nicely explained that processing the payments got delayed by the Thanksgiving holiday. I figure if I'd waited to nag until Friday, I might not have nagged at all.

Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesNovember 29, 2010
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Honeydew melon sliced in half, stem to blossom end.
Storing Honeydew Melons
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job
🎉
🎄