Valentine Candy Bar 'Vase'
Valentine's gift idea but can be used for any occasion.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks (preheated to start)
- 3 flat candy bars all the same size (Hershey's, Nestle Crunch, etc.)
- Styrofoam or newspaper
- 1 single silk rose or a real one
- 1 20 inch strand of red ribbon
- red or pink tissue paper
- Take the 3 candy bars and hold them vertically so the sides touch each other forming a triangle in the center.
- Once you see how this forms then you will put a small line of glue on the inner edge of the candy bars and glue them together to permanently form the triangle model.
- Next cut a small piece of Styrofoam or wad enough newspaper up in a ball so you can stuff in in the center of the candy bars (should fit fairly snug).
- Then remove it and poke a hole with the stem of the silk flower (or real one).
- Put some glue around the edges of the Styrofoam or newspaper and put it in the center of the candy bars quickly so it will be more permanent and let the glue adhere for a minute or so.
- Now take the silk or real rose stem and poke it in the hole you previously made in the Styrofoam or newspaper centerpiece you just glued.
- Stuff some tissue paper from the bottom to cover the Styrofoam or newspaper. Finish off with stuffing more tissue paper around the stem to cover the remaining glued centerpiece.
- Lastly, tie the red ribbon around the flower stem about 2 inches above the edge of the candy bar model.
- For added fun, you can glue Hershey's kisses around the top.
Now you have a inexpensive but thoughtful gift for your woman. If you wish to give this to a guy, replace the rose with whatever you want.
You can also write a note and then punch a hole big enough for the ribbon to go through and then tie it to the stem.
By Donna from Northlake, TX
February 6, 20090 found this helpful
What a novel idea!! Just the thing to use for table decor for our Valentine Banquet at church!
Thank you soooooo much for sharing!!!!
February 8, 20090 found this helpful
Very nice. Thanks for the idea.
February 14, 20090 found this helpful
Thanks for the great idea. I took your idea and changed it to suit my family and they loved it. I used the single serving brownies that are wrapped in cellophane (Little Debbie) in place of the candy bars. Once I glued those together in the triangle, I cut red construction paper and glued it to the bottom of the triangle of brownies to form a "vase". I took regular drinking straws and hot glued a small Valentine's card to the top so they looked like flags. Finally, I filled the brownie vases with M & Ms and stuck the straw Valentine's flags into the center so that they were held up by the M & Ms. A red ribbon around the middle and they made cute edible centerpieces. Thank you so much for the idea. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!! Lisa
August 28, 20100 found this helpful
That was a great idea! I will try that not just for Valentines!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 9:43:57 PM on 10.0.2.63 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us