Pursuing an Acting or Modeling Career

I live in Wisconsin, I want to be an actress/model, anything in that business. I don't have the money, I wouldn't be able to travel far. How can I make it big time? Thank you so much, I want this so badly. I am 15 years old.

By Megan from WI

First of all try out for your school plays, that will give you some experience. Another thing at your young age it would be pretty hard for you to do anything in that field professionally without the consent of your parents or guardian. Also it wouldn't be right for them to go into debt just because of your wishes. If it is meant to be, it will happen. I had the same dreams when I was your age, but by the time I graduated reality set in and I knew there was no way it would happen because in SD back in the 50s there were modeling schools or anything like that. There also was no way my folks were going to move to California or New York just for me and they were right. I have led a happy life without fulfilling the big daydreams that I had when I was in elementary school and middle school.

I'd start by contacting local photographers or even your local television stations and offer to be an intern. That way you could learn a little about the business and maybe get your foot in the door for any future opportunities that might come up! You'd meet lots of people in the business and you'd make contacts for bigger and better things later. You may even learn something new and find out you love it and be one your way to a fabulous career. Good luck! Be patient, and be willing to work hard to pursue your dream.

Be very, very careful of offers to help you make it, there are a lot of scams out there; some of them will cost a lot of money (convincing you you need 100s of dollars of head shots, and some are dangerous. Make sure you have your parents' consent, and make sure they go with you to any meeting, etc. RedHatterb has a good point, try and get acting experience in school plays or at your local community theater. As my mother once said, "even if there aren't a lot of openings, there's always room for a good one." I wanted to be an archaeologist, but you know, the same applies for acting and modeling.

Please be careful. You most likely have at least some kind of licensed agency in Milwaukee or whatever city you live near.Always go with a licensed agency! Look them up online. There are got to be one. Otherwise, depending on what part of Wisconsin you live in, you can always have someone take you to Chicago for a few days and go to a couple of open calls to see what they say. Chicago is full of legit agencies. Don't let your wanting to be a model so bad cloud your judgement. Use common sense. If it sound s to good to be true it probably is.

EducationJuly 10, 2010
disgruntled teen
Dealing With a Teen Who Is Acting Out
College Graduation Gift
College Graduation Gift Ideas
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
Woman doing medical transcription.
Becoming a Certified Medical Transcriptionist