Making a 3-D Paper Ornament
This 3-D paper ornament is fun, easy to make, and will look great on any Christmas tree. This is a guide about 3-d paper ornament
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a guide about 3D paper ball ornaments. Easy hanging decorations for Christmas can be fashioned with colorful paper and ribbon.
Approximate Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 4 inch square of paper, white or colored
- piece of thread for hanging
- glue gun
- hole punch
- glitter glue if desired
- Fold the paper in half to make a triangle, then fold again.
- Starting from the folded edge, but parallel to the long side of the triangle, make 5 equal cuts, stopping about 1/4 inch from the opposite side. (See diagram.)
- Unfold the paper. Lift and curl the middle section up and around a pencil and glue the points together. Remove the pencil as soon as glue is dry.
- Curl the second set of points to the back and glue together, third set to the front, fourth to the back and fifth to the front, gluing each set of points in turn.
- Glue a loop of thread at the top for hanging.
- (If you want to make a star, glue six of these ornaments together at the tip.)
For the other ornaments, follow instructions below:
Fold the paper in quarters and cut along fold lines, then fold each smaller piece in half lengthwise. Sketch a pattern such as a bell, Christmas tree or snowflake opposite the fold line. Cut out.
Copy the design onto two more folded papers and cut out. Use hole punch to make designs and trim edges with glitter glue if desired.
Run a very narrow bead of white glue along fold line of first cutout. Place second cutout on top. Repeat for third cutout. Press together and let dry. (Another method is to stack the cutouts and using matching thread, sew down the center using a long stitch on the machine.)
Fan out sections as shown in photo. Use needle and thread to make loop for hanging.
By Preserver from Manitoba
Related Content(article continues below)Read 3 Comments
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:47:00 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us