Escalloped Augratin Potatoes Plus

Making a little go a long way...

Buy a box of generic or Betty Crocker Scallop/Augratin Potatoes and mix as directed on the box. Then you can enhance the meal by following the advice below.

I have used meatballs prepared, baked and frozen stirred in, OR bake a pork steak till tender and shred the meat into the potatoes. Stir in your favorite veggies, peas, beans or corn into the potatoes. If using frozen veggies, use about 1/2 cup milk more than boxed potato recipe calls for.

For special outings with the dish, I top with almonds and cherry tomatoes for prior to baking.

The difference is in the cooking factor, USE 350 degrees instead of the high 425 box suggests and bake covered with foil for 1 hour.

Rich and Creamy!

Out of necessity in creating fast but good meals, I use some store ready or easy items as well as bulk fixed and frozen. By keeping 5 lb. of ground beef made into meatballs in the freezer, I can whip this up like quick.

<p>I picked my cherry tomatoes, washed then tossed into zip bags in the freezer. Taking a handful out and garnishing hot dishes, as well as keeping sliced almonds in the freezer too.

<P>When I prepared the pork steaks, I "salted" them with powdered smoke and powdered rosemary. Shredding 2-3 steaks and putting bags back into the freezer of shredded meat, makes the change up of which protein to add to the dish.

By Joyce from Benson, MN

Scalloped potatoes in an old blue enamel bowl, on rustic white table.
Scalloped Potatoes Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesOctober 17, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes