Spraying to Keep Pests Out Of The Home

I would like to know a cheap and safe way to spray for pests (ants, etc.) to keep them from getting in the house. I stopped my pest control service which was charging me $360 per year to spray 4 times.

JB from Harrisburg, PA

If there is a "Do It Yourself Pest Control" store in your area, you can obtain professional quality anti-pest liquids. Buy a heavy duty sprayer and do it yourself.

Or go to Home Depot and buy all of that stuff there.

Hello JB

I do my own pest control on my 1 acre. Here is the site I buy my products.

The chemical I buy and that works best for me is Talstar. I think I pay around $50.00 and it lasts me a good 7-8 months. It's water soluable so you'll need to purchase a sprayer from your garden center.

The best thing is I can spray whenever I want and not have to wait for the pest control guy!

Since I nearly died of chemical poisoning twice in my garden and once at a garage sale accident over my lifetime, I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE DEALING WITH CHEMICAL PESTICIDES, cheap or expensive, TO READ AND HEED THE WARNING LABELS TO THE LETTER! ! ! God keep you in His care and give you the wisdom to do this.

What about duraspan I know u can buy it on the internet, we also sprayed it around the house to deter snakes. Found a black moccasin in the dog pen one day, spray it and immobilized it's nervous system. I don't like to put such dangerous chemicals around b cause I don't want to kill anything, except SNAKES

You can repel ants by misting around baseboards & other areas "unreachable" & wiping counters with vinegar!

Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents
Home and Garden Pest Control RepellantsAugust 22, 2006
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
cat outside
Discouraging Cats from Spraying the Outside of a House
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Squash Bugs
Protecting Your Garden From Pests