Problems Transferring a Picture from Transfer Paper to Fabric

I used Print 'n Press Iron-On Ink Jet Transfer and followed the instructions. Unfortunately when I peeled back the paper only a small portion of the picture transferred to the fabric. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

By Donna from Brunswick, GA

I don't know what the problem is. I have never tried it with home made transfers. I have had the same problem with boughten iron on pictures and that even happens when I make sure I follow the directions to the letter.

I have found that if you iron the transfers on a padded ironing board it doesn't work as well as you need a harder surface. I take a board the width and length of the t-shirt and about 1/2 inch thick. Cover is with a pillow case and then slip the shirt over the covered board, centering it and smoothing it out. Iron on med-low heat (or as indicated by the instructions) in circular motions ironing small sections at a time for 15 seconds. Go over the entire transfer again to complete the amount of time in the instructions, usually 3 to 4 minutes. Be sure to press all curves and edges well. This method has worked well for me. I have made several t-shirts like this and they have turned out very nice.

Ooops...didn't proofread very well. I meant "cover it" (the board) with a pillowcase.

Transferring Pictures to Fabric
Crafts QuiltingMay 3, 2011
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer