Problems Transferring a Picture from Transfer Paper to Fabric

I used Print 'n Press Iron-On Ink Jet Transfer and followed the instructions. Unfortunately when I peeled back the paper only a small portion of the picture transferred to the fabric. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

By Donna from Brunswick, GA

I don't know what the problem is. I have never tried it with home made transfers. I have had the same problem with boughten iron on pictures and that even happens when I make sure I follow the directions to the letter.

I have found that if you iron the transfers on a padded ironing board it doesn't work as well as you need a harder surface. I take a board the width and length of the t-shirt and about 1/2 inch thick. Cover is with a pillow case and then slip the shirt over the covered board, centering it and smoothing it out. Iron on med-low heat (or as indicated by the instructions) in circular motions ironing small sections at a time for 15 seconds. Go over the entire transfer again to complete the amount of time in the instructions, usually 3 to 4 minutes. Be sure to press all curves and edges well. This method has worked well for me. I have made several t-shirts like this and they have turned out very nice.

Ooops...didn't proofread very well. I meant "cover it" (the board) with a pillowcase.