Why Are My Cookies Flat?

Why did my cookies come out flat?

By Vina from Berryton, KS

Best Answer

There can be several reasons. Maybe ingredients were old, maybe you forgot something, maybe they should had been cold going into the oven and the were too warm, and maybe the cookie sheet was too warm. I use 2 sheets and rotate them for this reason.

Best Answer

Sometimes it is your shortening. Use solid shortening like butter. If you use oiley margarine you get flat cookies.

I think you'll find the answer on this website. http://www.baki  ies/problems.htm

I had the opposite problem where my cookies would come out like cake.I called the Home extension service. They recommended I leave out from 1 to 3 Tablespoons of flour per batch. I'm thinking if you experiment and add flour you'll get more body, but as they said just don't over do it.

I would add a little more flour and then refridgerate for at least an hour prior to baking, this worked for me and I had the same problem, I also did it once with using too much baking soda, but that was my own fault and they were WAY flatter, it was one cooke instead of 12 lol