Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

My boyfriend is turning 27 in May and I want to get him something that would be useful to him. He loves cars and airplanes and is going to be going to school for mechanics in the fall.

By Jessi from NY

I suggest a bucket filled with car-wash goodies like microfiber cloths, sponges, cleaning spray, air fresheners for the car, tire cleaner, etc. (check your dollar store!), and fill in with some of his favorite treats (candy, chips). You might also include a gift certificate to a car wash or some homemade coupons good for a free batch of cookies or brownies from you. Decorate it with tissue paper and a bow, and you're set!

Cut the frilly things out. The school should be able to get you a list of what will be required, and the name of a vendor you could use. (Sears has a lifetime warranty, SNAP-ON supposed to have best quality, but no lifetime warrenty). 1 son did a 4 year auto tech/body college, 1 a 2 year auto body program. Tool boxes don't have to be the most expensive as most students buy different ones after they graduate. They have to lock. My boys did Sears tools, and if they break 15 years down the road, they are warranties. You can expect to pay about $700 and up for tools/box. Don't feed into the $2000 set up. Cute colored chests covered in grease still holds the same as the $400 chest, same work (hey, holds the tools--what more do you need!)

So check that school list and find something you can afford or get a gift card from the vendor.

Vendors come to the school and sell products to the students (and parents who pay for them) and say they give great package prices. Take time to add them up, don't buy more than required on your list at first.

My kids got scholarships independent of the college which then they could use on tools, boots, safety glasses, etc. All required.

Mom who has been there twice. Eldest took 2 smashed Saturn, made 1 brand new road ready car.

February 27, 2010 Flag

I'm leaving for college in a week, and my boyfriend of 1 year is leaving in 3 weeks. His birthday is 3 days after he moves, so I need a birthday/going away gift that will be good for college. It kind of stinks because I can't do anything special with him. I'll be 4 hours away. But I still want to give him something meaningful, and something he will use. And ideas would be wonderful.

Sharkey

Answers:

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

Give him a nice throw for his dorm room. He'll think of you when he uses it. (08/29/2008)

By Pat

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I assume that you are on here because $ is tight too, a sweet (possibly corny) gift could be to glue pictures of you together on notebooks, secure the edges with fabric paint or they will peel up, and print a couple pictures of you on iron-on paper then iron them on pillow cases for him. That way he will always have reminders of you.

You could also burn a copy of a favorite DVD and send microwave popcorn so you could watch a movie "together". For 8.99 a month you could each get Netflix and have the same movies sent each week if you enjoyed that. If you're up for spending more, having a watch engraved would be really nice.
(08/29/2008)

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I filled a pop up hamper (or trashcan, laundry bag, etc.) with food items, a book you could both enjoy reading (or a sports magazine, bible devotional, joke book, etc.), some note cards or a phone calling card if you can't afford a cell or long distance. Some playing cards, a CD of special music to remind him of you, your photograph, puzzle books, etc. This doesn't have to cost a lot of money and can be personalized for the recipient. Add some home-made cookies since the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. (09/02/2008)

By Diana

Useful Gift Ideas For Boyfriend

I am an eighty-two year old male. When I was eighteen, I received a stainless steel pocket knife with a scissors, nail file, and knife blade. (Neiman-Marcus men's department) I still use it almost daily. Try a jewelry store where his initials can be engraved on it, or check out Swiss army knives, most hardware stores carry them, or go online.
Be sure he gives you a penny when you give it to him. (09/02/2008)

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Holidays and Parties Gifts College StudentFebruary 27, 2010
Girl standing with her soldier boyfriend.
Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend in the Military
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎉
🎄