Creamy Vegetable Penne
I threw this together last week and hubby liked it a lot.
- 1/2 (8 oz.) box of Penne
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 soup can of whole milk
- 4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2/3 cups frozen peas uncooked
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- While the pasta is cooking, saute mushrooms and onions in 1 Tbsp. butter with 2-3 dashes garlic powder.
- Drain pasta, add cream of chicken soup, and milk. Stir and and continue heating.
- Add the mushrooms/onions, then the paprika and parsley.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Now add the frozen peas, Mix and enjoy. (add a little more milk if needed.)
I served it with sliced roasted chicken breast and beets.
Source: I just went to the pantry and threw it together.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide