Freeze Leftovers for Soup

If a leftover food is good for a soup, wrap it, write on it what it is, and freeze it. Some things will need to be chopped fine before use, but add a lot of flavor.

By rain200 from Chilliwack BC, Canada

I keep a large freezer container in the freezer and add the leftovers that would make good soup. Hints from Heloise used to tell housewives to put gravy, left over mashed potatoes, veggies, and meats all in there at once. I tried that and it does make a good everything but the kitchen sink soup.

March 27, 2011 Flag

Save all of your leftovers for the whole week in the freezer. Use a large can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup combined with one packet of dry onion soup mix and a carton of liquid broth in your slow cooker. Once everything is blended well into a "base," add all of your leftovers to the slow cooker and heat for a couple of hours until all of the flavors come together nicely. In my last yummy batch, I used spinach, corn, leftover soups, cut-up spaghetti and sauce, soy nuggets, and some chunks of steak. Everyone ate it up fast and I didn't have to cook for two whole days! :)

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Answers:

Freeze Leftovers for Soup

I do this too but make a curry sauce and put it over the mixture. Add a scoop of rice and it makes a wonderful meal. (10/22/2010)

By Lilac

Leftover food in containers in the fridge.
Freezing Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversMarch 27, 2011
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎄