Cooking Bacon

Isn't cooking bacon a hassle sometimes? My sister-in-law showed me a great way to cut the hassle. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray grates with Pam, place your bacon strips tight together on the grates as it will shrink. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for approximately 45 minutes. The time really depends on your bacon, how thick it is sliced for instance. check it after 30 minutes then every 5 minutes after that. Don't cook it completely done. Remove from oven and cool. Store in Ziploc bags in freezer.

When ready to serve, take out however much you need, pop it in the microwave between paper towel for 15 seconds at a time and it is just like fresh without the mess and grease.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

I drain my bacon on bread slices. The birds love the treat!

Where do the foil lined cookie sheets come in? Also, I can't see running the oven for 45 minutes to cook bacon, when it takes about 5 minutes in a skillet on the stovetop.

Pam is not food, beware.

Bacon cooking in the pan.
Cooking Bacon
Food and Recipes Food TipsJanuary 24, 2011
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Oven cooked bacon on cookie sheet.
Cooking Bacon in the Oven
bacon frying
Preventing Bacon Grease Splatters
🎉
🎄