Scenery: San Francisco Peaks (Flagstaff, AZ)

I was born and raised in Flagstaff, AZ, home of the San Francisco Peaks, affectionately called "The Peaks". This is a sacred mountain for the Hopi and Navajo and is truly a special place. When I go back to visit, I always know I'm "home" when I see them. They speak to my soul in a way I can't describe and give me an overwhelming feeling of peace.

This photo is taken from just below the Snow Bowl where the old ski run is, looking out into the valley. Elevation is approximately 9000 feet. On the day it was taken, the horrifying forest fire on the other side of the mountain was just getting under control.

By Judy

Pretty! I visited Flagstaff once, and wanted to see all the beautiful sights. Unfortunately, my health issues are such that I was unable to adapt to the elevation, so I developed mountain sickness and had to be taken down to Phoenix ASAP.

It's so gorgeous up in Flag. I've never seen the stars look more amazing, than while riding in a car at night while headed up there. I was sad when we had to leave!

Photos SceneryJuly 23, 2010
Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona)
Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona) Frugal Travel Guide
Legoland California
California Frugal Travel Guide
San Antonio River Walk
San Antonio, TX Frugal Travel Guide
San Francisco, California
San Francisco, California Frugal Travel Guide