Diet Coke Stains on Clothing

I spilled Diet Coke on an all cotton shirt. I have used Stain Out on it and washed it about 6 times, every time I have clothing the same color, using the Stain Out each time. I also called the Coke company and they couldn't help me. Any suggestions for removing Diet coke stains from a 100%cotton shirt?

Thanks in advance,
Ms April

You can try dish soap. Just pour dish soap on the stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse off excess soap and wash with your regular cycle. This works great with grease stains too.

Shout has a new product out now that is SUPPOSED to remove "Set In" stains called "Set In Stain Shout". I've not tried it yet, probably will when I get paid next week.

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

Good old Fels Naptha. Our grandmothers used it years ago! You'll find it in the cleaning section at the grocery store. Look near the bathroom sprays, floor waxes etc. Just wet the bar and rub it over the stain and wash as usual. You can "shave" some into the washer instead of laundry soap as a money saver too!

The Dollar Tree has Oxygen Stain Remover, powder, make a paste on each stain, then scrub with a toothbrush. Good luck!!

If you have pets, you might have some Nature's Miracle or Petzyme on hand. (These are enzymatic cleaners.) I'd give that a try if you already have the product, or have a friend with pets who has it. I spritzed it on mystery stains on a carpet that the cleaner wouldn't remove, and they disappeared like magic.

Greetings,

How about vinegar? or possibly rubbing alcohol. I know that hairspray works real well on ink. Perhaps it will work in soda stains.

I've had good luck with shampoo and dish soap before - pour and let it sit for a bit, and then wash.

I've also had some luck with a Tide pen with some older DC stains - you might want to give that a shot.