Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

Easy to make, and freezes well

• 1 tub cream cheese spread
  • 430 ml. jar salsa (we prefer mild)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken cut small
  • Ad
  • 1/4 cup red pepper
  • 1/4 cup green pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 8 6 inch tortillas

Spray 2 8 inch square pans. Spread a tortilla generously with cream cheese and place in pan. Spoon salsa over. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup cheese, and some of peppers over tortilla. Repeat twice more, then cover with another tortilla. Cover and bake at 400 degrees F. Uncover last 5 minutes.

For just the two of us this will make two dishes, one of them to freeze. You could add more pepper, but for us it would be too"peppery".

Servings: 2 to 4 per pan, depending on what you have with it
Time:25 Minutes Preparation Time
35 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: A cross between another recipe and my own invention.

By Mother of 5 from Nova Scotia

When you freeze one do you cook it first or just make it then freeze and cook later? No problems with cream cheese when freezing?

October 15, 2009 Flag

• 1 3oz can diced chicken breasts, drained
  • 1/4 cup medium or hot salsa
  • 4ea 8 inch flour tortillas
  • 1 cup Colby, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (mix and match is fun ;-)
  • Cooking spray
  • Sour cream and extra salsa for serving

Mix chicken and salsa in a small bowl. Layer two of the tortillas with 1/2 of the chicken mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Top each with the remaining two tortillas.

Lightly spray the top of each quesadilla with cooking spray and lightly spray the skillet and lightly spray the skillet again for the subsequent quesadilla.

Cook each quesadilla uncovered over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

I posted on this as well. These are one of our favorite quick meals. Due to the fact that they can be meatless they can also work for our no meat night! (10/01/2008)

By Savings Assistant

Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

I am glad you posted it, too, Savings Assistant :-) They are indeed yummy and quick :-)

I should have mentioned that I also love to add diced green chilies, sometimes diced Jalapenoes and even corn :-) I submitted when I was really tired though and didn't get detailed enough :-(

I have a Quesadilla maker that someone gave me but I like the flavor cooked in the skillet better :-)

What other things do you like to add? (10/02/2008)

By Deeli

Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican AppetizersOctober 16, 2009
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume