Paper Plate Flower Basket
This is a great summer craft to keep the kids busy for a while. All you need are some paper plates, colored paper, chenille stems (pipe cleaners), scissors, and glue.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- 2 paper plates
- colored paper (at least 3 different colors)
- chenille stems
- Cut out flower and leaf designs from colored paper. You can usually find flower patterns on the Internet.
- Bend petals up slightly to give them some depth.
- Assemble flowers by layering smaller pieces over larger ones.
- Use a small dot of glue in the center of each piece to secure.
- Glue chenille stems to the back of the flowers for the flower stems.
- Cut stems to various lengths.
- Make a basket by cutting a paper plate in half.
- Glue half of the plate to a full paper plate, right sides together, to form a pocket. (Refer to photo)
- Glue pipe cleaner flowers to the inside of the pocket.
- Randomly glue on leaves.
- Punch a hole in the top of the basket and tie a string or piece of yarn through it for hanging.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 2:14:15 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us