Change Pet's Water Daily

Dogs, cats, and birds need a lot of water everyday. One of the worst things you can do for your pets health is to keep topping up the water in its bowl.

The bowl of water needs to be completely poured out and rinsed out and filled with fresh water every day OR every time you fill it up or pour new water into it. I do mine at least three times a day, because we have rather large dogs.

I have three different huge pots of water laying around in different places. They are cooking pots since I prefer metal bowls to plastic ones which can harbor germs that will get into tiny microscopic holes in the plastic.

The bowls needs to be washed out at least every other day, completely, with warm soap and water, rinsed and refilled.

You can recycle the leftover water into plants or out in the garden.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

You are absolutely, 100% right!

Thanks for posting this tip. However, I personally don't use metal dishes. Instead, I use ceramic crock dishes for my birds and my dog, which wash out quite nicely. I trust them to be safe, because I also eat and drink from these type of dishes, without any problem. I agree it's very important to keep water and feed dishes clean, as bacteria can easily cause huge health problems and sometimes death, for our pets.

Preventing Algae in Pet Water Bowls
Preventing Algae in Pet Water Bowls
Pets HealthNovember 29, 2010
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
cat food dish
Keeping Your Pet's Food and Water Bowls Clean
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎉
🎄