Adding Chicory to Ground Coffee

Has anyone ever added chicory root powder to their ground coffee prior to brewing? I have heard it creates a nice "mellow" flavor. Thank you!

By amyscrafts68 from Seattle, WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Take it from a Louisiana coffee drinker, there is nothing "mellow" about chicory. It is strong and bitter and definitely an acquired taste.

I just buy mine with the chicory in it - good Louisiana brands. And jrmahon's right. :) But it's good stuff if you like it.

I should go look on the can to check for sure, but I think Chock Full O Nuts has some chickory. Costs more than, say, Maxwell House, but way cheaper than the "boutique" brands and very good coffee!

Chock Full O Nuts ? That sounds interesting! So, chicory is NOT so mellow. Hmmmm. Still curious, however! =) Wish I could find some chicory in a small amount so I could test it out, but I have not had any luck thus far.

I hope you realize the chicory used when making cooffee is roasted chicory roots that are ground, and not the leafy vegetable

They actually resemble coffee and are mixed with the coffee and then brewed the same way...but I've heard they develop too much bitterness if left at serving temp too long or for that matter, if brewed

over long. I can't seem to find any these days..if you know of a source please post info to ThriftyFun.

I used to buy Coffee Partner ground chicory at my local Giant Grocery Stores, however, since Stop and Shop bought them they no longer carry it.

Here is a source online which I order from now.

http://www.caju  IENoaWNvcnkmYz0w

Jennifer

Norther Virginia

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages CoffeeMay 12, 2009
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:55:43 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.