Uses for Clothespins

Who doesn't want to save a little money and keep numerous dry goods fresher longer? Head to your laundry room and grab all the cloths pegs you can. Wooden ones are cheaper to buy.

Keep a stash in your "go to" kitchen drawer. Use a clothes peg to seal up the wax bags in all your cereal boxes, tube of opened crackers, and bags of chips, pretzels, and other snack food. Discard those tie wraps from loaves of bread and replace with a cloths peg. Use them in the refrigerator as well for bags of lettuce, cheese, and even frozen goods.

If you start your garden from seed, as I do, use them to reseal the seed packages and you can even write on the wooden pegs with planting info. I'm sure you'll find many more uses too!

By Angie from Russellville, KY

I don't have a clothes dryer I use clothes lines for hanging my clothes both inside and out. Over time some clothespins will break apart. I have tried putting them back together but they are weakened and will break again,so my husband puts them to great use:he makes rocking chairs out of them.

Paints some,stains some, they are great to set a tiny pot of artificial flowers in, a small stuffed doll(I make tiny Andy and annies). Or just by themselves they are very pretty shelf sitters. We sell them at craft shows for $6 to $10 each depending if they are plain or come with a doll or plant.

I don't have a dishwasher but use a dish drainer. I reuse plastic bags, so after washing, I use the clothespins to pin the bag to the drainer. I use them in my closet to hold slippery clothes on the hanger also.