Ink on Faux Leather

How do you remove Biro ball point pen from a fake leather material sofa?

By Penny from Birmingham

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

January 28, 2010 Flag

My daughter wrote on both of our brand new dark brown faux leather couches with blue ink. I was told to use hairspray to remove the ink and when I did so I created a huge patch that is now very visibly discolored and dull. How do I repair this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

By vvetrone from Niagara Falls, Canada

Answers:

Ink on Faux Leather

If your faux leather is of the shiny smooth variety I have an idea for you. I would try to test this on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding. My daughter wrote on my leather couches with permanent marker and I used a Magic Eraser and it worked wonderfully.

Use a corner and try to go over the ink line to rub the pen out. Then use a leather conditioner to help shine it up afterwards. If the hair spray damage still shows, you might try using a matching shoe polish color to help cover it up, but be sure to buff it out well so it doesn't come off on your clothes. Good luck. (05/20/2009)

By GinaGriffin

May 12, 2009 Flag

How can I get ball point ink from my faux leather couch and handbag?

Lee-Anne from Cape Town, Za

Answers:

Ink on Faux Leather

Hairspray works great to get out ink - spray some on a cloth and apply to the marks, rub a little and it should come out. Rub with a wet cloth to get the sticky hairspray off afterward. Good luck. (11/15/2006)

By Taurusfeen

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 28, 2010
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Leather
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 8:50:42 AM on 10.0.0.129 in 565 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.