Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ink on Faux Leather

How do you remove Biro ball point pen from a fake leather material sofa?

By Penny from Birmingham

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ink on Faux Leather

How can I get ball point ink from my faux leather couch and handbag?

Lee-Anne from Cape Town, Za

RE: Ink on Faux Leather

Hairspray works great to get out ink - spray some on a cloth and apply to the marks, rub a little and it should come out. Rub with a wet cloth to get the sticky hairspray off afterward. Good luck. (11/15/2006)

By Taurusfeen

Archive: Ink on Faux Leather

My daughter wrote on both of our brand new dark brown faux leather couches with blue ink. I was told to use hairspray to remove the ink and when I did so I created a huge patch that is now very visibly discolored and dull. How do I repair this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

By vvetrone from Niagara Falls, Canada

RE: Ink on Faux Leather

If your faux leather is of the shiny smooth variety I have an idea for you. I would try to test this on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding. My daughter wrote on my leather couches with permanent marker and I used a Magic Eraser and it worked wonderfully.

Use a corner and try to go over the ink line to rub the pen out. Then use a leather conditioner to help shine it up afterwards. If the hair spray damage still shows, you might try using a matching shoe polish color to help cover it up, but be sure to buff it out well so it doesn't come off on your clothes. Good luck. (05/20/2009)

By GinaGriffin