Stripping Oak Furniture

I have an oak bureau that is painted white. I would like to strip it. I need to know how to remove the paint from the wooden knobs and also the brass keyholes (they don't look like I can remove them). I also need to know what to do with it once I strip it and what is the best stripping method. I will be doing it in a small bathroom with no windows, only a ceiling vent and fan.

Thanks in advance,
Kathie from South Portland, Maine

1.If you decide to do this stripping yourself you need a better place than the bathroom with no ventalation.You may find a water based stripper but to be on the safe side breathing fumes can or may cause you some health problems.Why not look in the yellow pages under furniture repairing and refinishing where you will find a list of people in the Portland area to do this for you.I don't know what the cost would be.You would have to get an estimate.Easier and safer than you trying to do this in a bothroom.

Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingFebruary 8, 2006
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Stripping Painted Furniture
Stripping Painted Furniture