Reuse Salt Pour Spout With Canning Jars

contest winner icon

When finished with an empty cardboard salt container, cut the whole round top piece off and measure to fit a canning jar ring. Trace and cut with the flat part with scissors to fit a pint canning jar. Fill the jar with sugar, then cut a second one from a second empty salt container for non-dairy coffee creamer. The pour spouts make for easy access to your sugar and creamer.

*If desired, half pint jars can be used instead of pint jars.

Source: my grandmother

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Reuse Salt Pour Spout With a Canning Jar
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Very clever, unique and frugal idea! Thanks for sharing it! :-)

That's a good idea. I'll surely try it. Thanks.

I fiinally emptied a salt box and made a top for a jar. We love it!

Hate Litter,

God Bless you for posting a picture and seeing, rather than reading about it, makes me want to just go ahead and make one for the remaining salt I have and then use it for something else once it's gone! Why wait, eh? ;-)

Excellent-a thinking! My kind of recycling and one I am sure going to pass on. Thanks.

What a neat idea. Can't wait to do this. Thanks!

Love canning jars, but if you'd rather have plastic, re-using Parmesan cheese containers works for this type of thing, as well.

Awesome idea! When I get some empty boxes, this idea will be used in our camper!

Also cut the bottom out of the empty salt box to the same size and place it over the existing spout cut-out and replace the screw top of the canning jar. That will make it safe for travel and none of the contents will spill if the spout accidentally opens. =D

What an excellent idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Generally, I put the box of salt directly into a canning jar as I do with a lot of products. I like to see at a glance what I have & how much. This will make dispensing items so much easier. Now, I have to call upon the neighbors to save their salt boxes for me! lol

God Bless.

Trish in CT

Great idea!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Reusing a Salt Container Spout
Reusing a Salt Container Spout
Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 20, 2010
Bathtub Diverter Spout
Repairing a Bathtub Spout Diverter
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Pasta in Glass Jars
Pantry Food Storage
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 8:03:59 AM on 10.0.2.121 in 800 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.