Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Reuse Salt Pour Spout With Canning Jars

27EmailPrintFollowSave
Reuse Salt Pour Spout With a Canning Jar
contest winner icon

When finished with an empty cardboard salt container, cut the whole round top piece off and measure to fit a canning jar ring. Trace and cut with the flat part with scissors to fit a pint canning jar. Fill the jar with sugar, then cut a second one from a second empty salt container for non-dairy coffee creamer. The pour spouts make for easy access to your sugar and creamer.

*If desired, half pint jars can be used instead of pint jars.

Source: my grandmother

By Monica from Cortez, CO

By

07/21/2010 Flag

Very clever, unique and frugal idea! Thanks for sharing it! :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Litter Gitter 150 558 07/21/2010 Flag

That's a good idea. I'll surely try it. Thanks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Litter Gitter 150 558 08/21/2010 Flag

I fiinally emptied a salt box and made a top for a jar. We love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

08/22/2010 Flag

Hate Litter,
God Bless you for posting a picture and seeing, rather than reading about it, makes me want to just go ahead and make one for the remaining salt I have and then use it for something else once it's gone! Why wait, eh? ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ann Winberg 306 239 07/23/2011 Flag

Excellent-a thinking! My kind of recycling and one I am sure going to pass on. Thanks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Elizabeth 200 07/23/2011 Flag

What a neat idea. Can't wait to do this. Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By linda 2 3 07/23/2011 Flag

Love canning jars, but if you'd rather have plastic, re-using Parmesan cheese containers works for this type of thing, as well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sheila 3 162 07/23/2011 Flag

Awesome idea! When I get some empty boxes, this idea will be used in our camper!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marg 3 142 07/23/2011 Flag

Also cut the bottom out of the empty salt box to the same size and place it over the existing spout cut-out and replace the screw top of the canning jar. That will make it safe for travel and none of the contents will spill if the spout accidentally opens. =D

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Trish Mastriano 1 117 07/24/2011 Flag

What an excellent idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Generally, I put the box of salt directly into a canning jar as I do with a lot of products. I like to see at a glance what I have & how much. This will make dispensing items so much easier. Now, I have to call upon the neighbors to save their salt boxes for me! lol
God Bless.
Trish in CT

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

09/24/2012 Flag

Great idea!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment