BathroomCleaning

Clean Shower Doors with Squeegee After Showering

I purchased a short handled squeegee at a 99 cent store. I thought it would be nice to clean my windows, but it was too short and so am I. OK, trash that idea. Then, I hung it on the shower head and now after I take my shower, I squeegee down the whole shower and it works great. It only takes about one minute, I sure hope someone else can use this information.

By letageraldine from Tucson Az

I discovered this a few years back out of necessity. We put a shower in across from our half bath but there is no ventilation so I bought one specifically made for the shower, it has a suction cup that holds it in the shower. We squeegee the shower down after each use to stop mildew from forming but low and behold it cuts down on the cleaning big time! No soap or hard water stain buildup at all! But thanks for sharing it here!

Good for you! The only way to keep a shower door clean over the long term is the squeegee. Minerals dissloved in water (calcium) will be trapped as the water evaporates in small pits that you can't see in glass. The calcium combined with soap scum is almost impossible to remove. The only way to keep shower doors from looking scummy is to squeegee on a regular basis.

I agree. Great tip.

The best way to clean glass shower doors is to use a good squeegee, right after you turn the water off. I have found the Cleret brand of shower squeegee's works best. I can quickly run it over the doors and all the tile surfaces in the bath. Love it. Purchased it online a few years ago.

By Zeena from Oregon