Save Take Out Boxes for Guests to Use

Anytime I go to a restaurant and take the rest of my food to-go, I keep the boxes, wash and dry them, and save them for the holidays when friends and family come over. Then when they want to take food home, I have the perfect containers and don't have to give out my plates or bowls.

For outdoor barbecues, I save all the restaurant plastic silverware and give them to my guests to eat with. That way none of my silverware gets list. Afterward, I wash, rinse, then stick them upright in q tub to wash and reuse.

All foil I use is washed then balled up and placed in my aluminum recyclables.

By Deby from Kansas City

A word of caution and thoughtfulness. Unless the recycle #of the plastic is 2, 4 or 5 please do not re-use for food or beverages. All the other recycle #'s (especially Styrofoam) can leach toxins after the first use.

I agree with Deeli. Also I have found that some restaurant silverware is cheap and is hard to cut food with or don't hold heavy food easy. Be careful with that you would not want a guest to spill their plate trying to cut their food with cheap silverware. I buy the sturdy kind during the year and keep it until I need it. But frankly I just throw mine away when we are finished I figure I need to make it a little easier on me when we have a house full and it is so nice when everyone can just go to the trash can and throw everything away nothing to wash.

carry out container
Reusing Takeout Containers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversDecember 20, 2010
A finger with a pink bow tied on it.
Save-The-Date Ideas
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes