Save Take Out Boxes for Guests to Use

Anytime I go to a restaurant and take the rest of my food to-go, I keep the boxes, wash and dry them, and save them for the holidays when friends and family come over. Then when they want to take food home, I have the perfect containers and don't have to give out my plates or bowls.

For outdoor barbecues, I save all the restaurant plastic silverware and give them to my guests to eat with. That way none of my silverware gets list. Afterward, I wash, rinse, then stick them upright in q tub to wash and reuse.

All foil I use is washed then balled up and placed in my aluminum recyclables.

By Deby from Kansas City

Anonymous

A word of caution and thoughtfulness. Unless the recycle #of the plastic is 2, 4 or 5 please do not re-use for food or beverages. All the other recycle #'s (especially Styrofoam) can leach toxins after the first use.

I agree with Deeli. Also I have found that some restaurant silverware is cheap and is hard to cut food with or don't hold heavy food easy. Be careful with that you would not want a guest to spill their plate trying to cut their food with cheap silverware. I buy the sturdy kind during the year and keep it until I need it. But frankly I just throw mine away when we are finished I figure I need to make it a little easier on me when we have a house full and it is so nice when everyone can just go to the trash can and throw everything away nothing to wash.