Storing Embroidery Floss

Here is a use for an old Velveeta box and lid. Cut thin pieces of cardboard slightly smaller then the width of the Velveeta box. Wrap embroidery floss around the cardboard and store in the box. Makes it easy to organize colors. Cover the outside with contact paper or paint.

By Debra in CO

Here's how I store Embroidery Floss...You'll need: a three ring binder, zip lock baggies, and reinforcement circles. With a hole punch, punch three holes in the baggie (near the side that does not open) corresponding to the rings of your binder. Reinforce those holes on either side of the baggie with the reinforcement circles. Put these baggies in the binder, add floss, zip up.

I cut up milk cartons, pieces of cardboard, or whatever, into approx 1-1/2" squares. Cut a small slit in the top. Wrap the floss around it and use the slit to put the end of the floss into. You can then put them in any container you want.

I found the best way are in tackle cases... I use 2 big flat ones, $5 approx each... I duplicate the thread cards with poster board... Wrap each floss color around the card, add the floss number in ink to a corner and there you have it...

Floss never gets dusty, messed up or lost... The cases are clear and you see your colors at a glance... Cases stack nicely as well... They have handles too...

Needles can be stored in a section too...

I use the same cases for my earrings and other jewelry too...

Organized Embroidery Floss Spools.
Organizing Embroidery Floss
Crafts NeedleworkOctober 7, 2004
closeup of sewing machine needle
Free Motion Embroidery Ideas
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart
Punch Needle Embroidery
Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks
Dental Floss Container
Uses For Dental Floss
🎉
🎄