Stopping An Eye Twitch

Got an irritation eye twitch? I hate having them. Try using a hot water towel on it to relieve it. I have had this begin twice and put a hot washcloth over it and it has subsided. Can't hurt to try it.

By Gem from VA

I hate those! They never look so visible to anyone else but it feels like the whole world can see them. I will have to try the washcloth next time. Thanks.

I was told at my eye dr that they can do a medical botox to fix the problem if it becomes to annoying.

Mine is usually caused by lack of sleep but she also told me to try cutting out caffeine.

Be careful. While myokymia (aka eye twitching) is usually benign and can be caused by common things like fatigue, stress, voodoo, dry eyes and sleeplessness, they can also be indicative of neurological conditions like blepharospasm.

It's best to see a doctor if your twitches are frequent and unexplained.

@ Laniegirl

You might want to simply carry some eye drops with you. It's a lot more convenient that using a wet wash cloth in public. If your myokymia is caused by dry eyes, fatigue or allergies, the eye drops should work. And there's less of a risk of infection from a dirty washcloth.

I would think no one would use a dirty washcloth. I am in Nursing so to me that is something I wouldn't do. Would hope the public has the same good hygiene practices. I agree if it persists then you should see a doctor. In the meantime if you know it is caused by stress this is a wonderful way to relieve it. And believe me no one enjoys the horrible twitching.

Gem

Of course see a doc if it persists but in the meantime if the warm cloth can help that is great. As for the dirty cloth... the lady's a registered nurse, I'm sure she uses a clean cloth. I'll be trying it next time it happens to me.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 11, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 5:26:38 PM on 10.0.0.107 in 934 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.