Brussel Sprout Recipes

I would like to find recipes using brussel sprouts.

By Mary Lee

I cut mine into halves. Put a bit of evoo on them/salt and pepper and roast them at 450 in the oven til they are fork tender and carmelized. It is basic but amazing! I also do the same with broccoli and green beans. The green beans really are almost like french fries!

I only learned to like brussel sprouts as of a month ago. I usually just microwave mine with a touch of butter or olive oil.

I haven't tried this yet but have it bookmarked to try soon...Brussel Sprout soup. There are also links to other sprout recipes on that site in the toolbar to the right of that page:

I just cook mine in water until tender and then drizzle some melted butter over them.

I was such searching for something completely different when coming across this recipe and it sounds extremely yummy and much better than my boiled sprouts, drained and simply coated with butter ;-)

Cream Braised Brussel Sprouts

1/4 cup butter

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup heavy cream

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Melt the butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and salt. Cook until the sprouts are browned in spots, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Pour in the cream, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the sprouts are tender and easily pierced with a fork, 30 to 35 minutes. The cream will have reduced in volume, and will have taken on a creamy beige color. Remove the lid, and stir in the lemon juice. Allow the sprouts to simmer a few minutes more until the cream thickens and coats the sprouts.

After the sprouts are cooked toss them in garlic butter and add some small pieces of crisply grilled bacon.

This is my favorite Brussel Sprout Recipe

Brussel Sprouts and Pasta

12 oz. spiral pasta

1 stick butter

1/3 cup pine nuts

1 medium onion, sliced

2 cloves garlic, sliced

1 lb. brussel sprouts

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. sage

1/4 tsp. thyme

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Separate leaves on Brussel sprouts by cutting the stem out of each sprout and gently ease apart all of the leaves. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to a medium bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil. Cover and keep warm.

While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until they start to soften. Add sprout leaves, sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and continue cooking until leaves are bright green and tender (3 to 5 minutes). Toss with pasta. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Serves 6

This is a very different recipe, but I love it!

Clean the sprouts and make an X in the bottom stem area (helps them cook faster) then, depending on the size of the sprouts, use a 1/2 or 1/3 slice of raw bacon and wrap around the sprout, (overlap a little so the bacon stays put as it shrinks), put the end of the bacon down in a baking dish (keeps the bacon from unwrapping without toothpicks) coated with a little olive oil and butter. When the bacon is done, the sprouts are, too!

Bake at 350, and if sprouts are browning, just add some foil to cover the pan until the bacon is crisp.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesNovember 21, 2009
Storing Potatoes
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
small boat on a lake with green algae on top and sides
Removing Algae from a Boat