Looking for Salads for 100 People

I need a pasta salad recipe that feeds 100 people for my sister's graduation party. Anybody have one?

By Lyd

I always make spaghetti salad for large groups of people, it stays good for days in the fridge, so you can make it as you have time, not the morning of. I just wouldn't add the veggies until the day of so they stay crunchier. but you can def precut them all. for 20 people, I use 24oz spag noodles, one bottle catalina or french dressing and one bottle of Italian. (buy the cheap stuff, it tastes the same in the end) one can of olives, 2 cucumbers, 4 green onions and 2-4 tomatoes.

Boil spaghetti until aldente, rinse in cool water to stop the softening process, put in lg bowl, squirt both bottles spag dressing in and toss with tongs, refrigerate until needed. I suggest at least letting it sit in the fridge over night so the noodles can soak up some of the dressing. dice all veggies and keep in separate container until ready to serve, once ready to serve, toss with salad. So for 100, I would do this recipe x4 or 5. depending on how many other side dishes there will be.

There are all kinds of online recipe sites that have these recipes. I can't remember where all I looked. I had to do this for my grandaughters graduation last spring. All I did was look for the amount of pasta and then added larger amounts of the ususal ingredients that I normally add for smaller amounts of pasta salad. One site that I look at quite often is recipeczar.com.

Pasta of your choice (tri-color) is a good one

canned olives chopped

Italian dressing

bacon pieces

minced carrots and celery

parmesan optional

OR

Pasta

Ranch Dressing

chopped ham from 5lb loaf

canned olives chopped

minced carrots and celery

I know the ingredients, the thing is how much pasta for 200.

Alot of the receipes say 8 oz. no way will that handle. I want to know how many pound boxes of pasta I would need. I planned to mix similiar to above receipe, but amounts is the problem.

I need a pasta salad receipe for 200 people for an event, need how much ingredients.

March 2, 2010 Flag

We have a main course, but I would like some inexpensive salad ideas for 100 people. We would like to do two different salads, one of them can have meat, but one of them needs to be vegetarian. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sam

Answers:

Looking for Salads for 100 People

What about potato or macaroni? You could also try an Italian cold pasta salad which is easy. Rotini, green pepper, onion, celery, some Parmesan and for dressing; use bottled Italian dressing. (06/04/2004)

By Lee-Ann

Looking for Salads for 100 People

My favorites for larger groups are:

(06/07/2004)

By J Walker

Looking for Salads for 100 People

If you check allrecipies.com and put in for salads and you find a salad to liking, you can customize for how many servings you want. They will give you all the ingredients and how much is needed. (02/15/2005)

By MrsA1126

Looking for Salads for 100 People

Jell-o Applesauce Salad

Dissolve jell-o and red hots in boiling water, (on stove) add applesauce. Chill well in
3, 9x13 inch pans.

Very cheap and easy. (05/24/2005)

By Christine IN

Salad
Salad Ideas for Large Groups
Food and Recipes Recipes SaladsMarch 2, 2010
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
🎄