Make Your Own Toilet Seat Protectors

Recently, I took a trip to New York City. One of my main concerns was public bathrooms and their cleanliness. (Go Figure :-) I wanted to carry as little as possible, because I knew I would be walking for hours that day. Besides a small bottle of hand sanitizer, I carried my own toilet seat covers. I took several sheets of tissue wrapping paper, folded them small and put them all in a zipper sandwich bag. They are the perfect size to fit over a toilet seat and made from the same tissue as professional seat covers so they easily flushed down the toilet. I know, not the most glamorous tip (lol), but so useful that I always carry my tissue seat covers in my purse now.

God Bless,

By girlnumber5 from Guilford CT

Did I miss a step here? When using the tissue paper are you cutting a hole before folding up? I am a big one on germs also and have found that you can also buy toilet seat covers in little packets like Kleenex where you find the travel size products. I always keep them in my purse so if a restroom doesn't have them-which I am finding happily more and more do:) I just use one of mine. But I can get 40 sheets of tissue paper for a $1 at the dollar store so making my own interests me.

This is a really great idea but I plead that no one use anything other than white tissue because many of the dyes used for coloring paper are harmful to septic and sewer systems. This is much of the reason why colored toilet paper is no longer made except as novelty items by a few specialty companies.

Dont forget to be careful when washing hands in public restrooms. The average toilet seat has 600 bacteria per square inch. Tha average faucet has 6000 bacteria per square inch.

Latest thing for hand washing seems to be a hole in the wall. You put your hands in and it delivers soap, water and hot air to dry them. No need to touch anything! The first time I tried it I thought it wasn't working so took my hands out, missed the rinse and had to start again. It's a great idea though, especially when you think of the bacteria per square inch. Yuk!

Marg from England

Travel and Recreation TravelFebruary 28, 2011
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Wood Toilet Seat
Cleaning a Wood Toilet Seat
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄