Treat Glaucoma Before It Is Too Progressed

A person can have eye troubles and never know it. Glaucoma is an eye disease that can cause blindness, if left untreated. It's a heredity caused disease. One in every seven generations will have it. I know this, as someone in my family seven generations ago had this terrible disease and I am the unlucky ancestor that inherited it from them.

I have to use prescription eye drops every night before bedtime, for the rest of my life, to keep the glaucoma where it is now, rather than spreading on. Keep up on what kinds of diseases or problems your ancestors had or have and keep tabs on your own health on a regular basis.

If you don't have this type of info already, with the age of internet, do your genealogy for your ancestral info. It will not only help you out, but your family as well, precious time and money down the road!

Thanks for always putting in wise tips. Things to really think about. Also thrifty too. I always look close at your tips. I know they will be worth viewing/reading!

Jennifer CA

HI Terri & All, Just wanted to add a note about glaucoma. My mother went blind before we knew she had it & several years after we found out that she had it, my oldest sister was diagnosed with it, hers was caught early since we all are tested yearly. Hope that everyone get checked regularly for it .

Thanks, Jennifer!

Terri, Thanks for sharing this. And to anyone that is doing genealogy,Don't forget to add to each persons information ,THEIR favorite family recipe. It is important to save them before they are lost. That way kids and grandkids that enjoy grandma Bessie's Molasses cookies or Sadie's apple pie will have the recipe to make after they are gone. I wish I had thought of this before there was no one left to ask. GG Vi

Older woman at an eye appointment.
Treating Glaucoma
Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 6, 2007
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest