Pre-cooking Potatoes For The Week

When I buy a bag of potatoes, I go ahead and boil as many as I think I might use that week. I place them in a colander in the refrigerator and, when ready to use, I either dice or shred them and just brown in some olive oil. This eliminates the time it takes to peel and cook right at meal time. Big time saver.

By Susan from Columbia, SC

Great minds think alike! Just this evening I microwaved a potato that I'm going to have tomorrow before I go to work, so I'll only have to re-heat it with some butter.

I do the same, either peel and leave whole, or cut in chunks, or use my 'gadget' to cut fries. But I put them in a container of water to keep them from turning color. I change the water every few days.

I actually bake a bunch of potatoes in the winter time and use for crisping up in a skillet with a little olive oil ahd shallots and for potato salads or other potato dishes. In the summer I boil them until half cooked and use them throughout the week for breakfast lunch or dinner. We love baked potatoes fpr breakfast with whatever toppings you have on hand.

A pile of potatoes freshly dug up.
Cooking With Potatoes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversDecember 17, 2009
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Pre Lit Christmas Tree
Setting Up a Pre-Lit Christmas Tree
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week