Towel vs. Bathmat for Outside Shower or Tub

What do you use to catch the water when you step out of the bathtub or shower? Do you have a bath mat (small rug which is costly) or towel?

Onesummer

I use a bathmat sometimes, depends on how cheap. But honestly most of my "bathmats" are thick handtowels I get at TJ Maxx for cheaper than a real "bathmat", they match the decor, do the job and are cheaper. How much better can you get than that!

These handtowels are the size of a small country sometimes, nothing I'd be able to keep on the handle of my towel hook. So I use Target, Mervyn's, WalMart (higher WalMart brands) for my handtowels. they are lighter and smaller and do the job, I have lots of them because I was them often. And the "luxury" handtowels for bathmats.

Hope that helps!

I use bathmats, the kind that are like thick towels.

I do use handtowels sometimes if I'm out of laundry!

I also get them at discount stores like Target, Marshalls, etc.

I use a large wicker place mat in front of the shower. We have indoor/outdoor carpet in our bathroom. I found a large wicker place mat soaks up water, and is not hard to stand on either.

Bath mats don't have to be costly; plain ones are like $7 at Wal-mart or Target.

I have 2 matching rugs that I bought at the local Goodwill store. Rugs do NOT have to be costly!

I don't need a bathmat because I stand IN the bathtub to dry off. I start at the top and dry myself off ending with one foot and then step over the tub and then dry the other foot and over the tub. No need to drip all over the place!

I agree whith Cindy S. We do exacly the same thing.. dry off while your still in the tub.. dry your feet last as you are stepping out and there will be no worries about wet floors/towells :)

I USE BATH MATS, I do dry off IN the shower, however, that does not mean I can get the rest of the household to do so!! I do this mainly because I can NOT stand to feel a wet floor or mat under my feet in the bath room..it just feels dirty to me!! I know, weird

Me??? Neither...but not for the reasons Cindy S or Kimmcg gave. I use whatever clothes I just took off as my "floormat". For example, if I'm showering in the morning when I wake up, I put my dirty nightgown down on the floor to step on when I get out of the shower.

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

I saved all my old handtowels, cut them into a feet design and sew 2 pcs together and arranged them on the floor that looks footsteps , I used them 2-3 times before I will throw them away.Try it, they are pretty accent on the floor.

We dry off inside the tub, but have a bath mat on the floor to step on. Towels are dangerous as they lack the rubberized backing to keep them from slipping. Most accidents happen in the home and about 60 % of home accidents happen in the bathroom. Even auto accidents happen more often within a quarter mile of your own home. (lol) So for those reasons, I'd stick with a bath mat or small rug with rubber backing. I recently bought one for $4 at Big Lots.

I use the bathmats that are like a heavy towel and I buy them when they're on sale.

I dry myself off in the tub or shower as much as possible but step out and onto the mat to dry my feet (where I won't lose my balance and slip in the tub or shower).

I am using the same set of bathmats we got for a wedding gift 5 years ago.

They started out white, but when we moved 2 years ago, the new bathroom seemed like it would look better with off-white mats, so I dyed them using tea.

I use a towel to wrap around me and step out onto an old towel on top of the rug, and I sit on the toilet to air dry. A pet Peve... I hate to walk on a wet rug in my socks.

Man on Bath Mats
Using Bath Mats
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceSeptember 11, 2007
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄