Adhesive on Glass Blocks

I am looking for tips for getting adhesive off glass blocks, mine do not have the white paint.

Norm from New Jersey

Try mayo

Slather the mayo over the adhesive until you can't see the residue

With a butter nice, scrape off the gunk

With a warm, wet cloth, wipe off mayo and dry

adhesive is a real pain, isn't it. i got some fly tape stuff on my fingers once and i found a real good way to remove it. use veggie oil, olive oil or even baby oil, rub it on, let sit for a few minutes and then use soap and water. should work. if not you can always use that goo gone stuff, that will work for sure.

I have tried Sweet Oil with good results. You can find it in drugstores and stores like Walmart and Kmart.

I use Goo Gone to remove can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, K-mart, Hardware stores...etc.

Just to let people know, Sweet Oil is Olive oil ...BUT I still like Goo Gone best ... Just let it soak through the paper labels,dried adhesive,etc. I use a sponge to remove the gunk and wash with soap and warm water & rinse well. Once a friend had masking tape on her windows from when the wood diamond cross pieces were painted and it was left on,baked daily from the sun..She couldn't get it off, until I told her of GOO GONE. Didn't take much to remove that mess after we srayed the window edges ,let sit for a few minutes and wiped it off with paper towels, Then washed the windows with vinegar water and dried them with newpapers. Shiny and clean as a whistle. Great Granny Hugs, Vi

I would use lighter fluid and then wash with soapy water. Lighter fluid also works on paper products...for example, you receive mail in a bubble wrapper, and want to recycle the wrapper, but it has an adhesive address label on it. Just squirt a little lighter fluid on the label, give it a minute to soak in and then peel the label off. Let it set a few more minutes and the lighter fluid will evaporate, without leaving any signs that it was used, and you are ready to re-use the envelope.

Harlean from Arkansas

WD-40 works miracles on most things. It took Liquid

Nails off my Formica TODAY! God bless you. : )

applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJanuary 20, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
clear and one red glass blocks
Buying Glass Blocks for Crafting
Glass Block
Crafts Using Glass Blocks
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles