Need The Right Kind Of Glue

I like to use spray glue/adhesive in various arts and craft projects. But I was wondering what would be the equivalent glue in a liquid or spreadable form? Would be much cheaper and be usable in situations where you wouldn't want to spray.

By Creativeman from Chatsworth, CA

October 4, 20090 found this helpful

Years ago before spray adhesive I would use hairspray (the kind that comes in a can).

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
October 4, 20090 found this helpful

Mod Podge is a spreadable craft glue available at craft stores. It comes in many varieties (i.e. Mod Podge Glossy, Mod Podge Matte, Mod Podge for Paper). It is actually a decopauge glue (which creates a clear topcoat) but it can also be used to glue certain types of materials together (check the package for its compatibility). You spread it on with a foam brush, and then smooth it out with a rolling pin or brayer to eliminate any bubbles. I like it because I can stay in my house without having to go out into the yard to use spray adhesive.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
October 7, 20090 found this helpful

I have found this website quite helpful on several occasions.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
October 8, 20090 found this helpful

Tacky glue is great, along with every other wonderful craft glue at Aleens Tacky Glue (googled). Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 3, 2009 Flag
0 found this helpful

I need help in finding a glue that will adhere to fabric and a plastic milk jug, and when cured will be clear. Somewhat of a gel form, not too runny. I used something 20 years ago and it is still as strong as it was then. Now I need to make more of these and can't seem to find glue that does the same good job. Can any one help?


Your help is much appreciated.



Need The Right Kind Of Glue

E6000, you can get it at Wal-Mart. It is great. (02/02/2005)

By Judi

Need The Right Kind Of Glue

I'm not sure I'm spelling this correctly, but Aleene's glue is wonderful. There are several types. The flexible fabric kind is what I use most often. Can get it at Wal-mart or Michael's ( more selection at Michael's, for about the same price). (02/02/2005)

By Barb

Need The Right Kind Of Glue

Try a product called Fabric-Tac. It can be found in most craft stores and at Walmart. (02/02/2005)

By Marilyn C.

Need The Right Kind Of Glue

There is a web site expressly to help you when you need to glue things together. You can type in the what you are trying to glue and it will give you different glue recommendations.

Hope that helps. (02/03/2005)

By Sabrina

Need The Right Kind Of Glue

I think you are looking for silicone glue. It is supposed to adhere unlike items together.

Laurie (02/10/2005)

By notetotel

Need The Right Kind Of Glue

I want to thank you all for your help. The silicone glue didn't work at all for what I used it on. I ended up finding that Elmer's and a glue called Liquid Nails worked the best. Hope this will help someone else.
Thanks again.

Moonbeam (03/17/2005)

By moonbeam

Comment On This PostWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts AdviceOctober 3, 2009
Blue Glitter Glue
Removing Glitter Glue from Clothes
Homemade White Glue
Homemade White Glue
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Cleaning a Glue Gun
Cleaning a Hot Glue Gun
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 1, 2016 at 1:14:36 PM on in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!