Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas

What should I cook for Thanksgiving dinner?

By Shannon from Hazleton, PA

What ever you want to prepare. It is your decision. Every now and then for the holiday meal we will decide to have sloppy joes, salads, etc. It depends on what you feel like doing.

We usually have the traditional with everyone bringing a dish so the hostess doesn't have to do all the work, but one year we each brought a covered dish of whatever we wanted to bring and it went over well.

For a side dish, get those bags of small ears of corn, I am sure the pilgrims had it at their Thanksgiving meal.

To keep things a little simpler we open a can or 2 of kernel corn, add italian dressing and chill for a couple of hours. For extra color you can use the Mexicorn mix. It won't wilt like lettuce and adds an extra vegetable with minimum fuss and no burner required. This also travels well since you can bring the cans and dressing and assemble it at the destination.

If you don't feel like cooking and it's only you and one other person, I would just stop at your neighborhood grocer and at the deli section, purchase a dinner package already cooked. I did this once. I would do it again.

Thanksgiving table with a roasted turkey
Thanksgiving Recipes
Large Turkey and Side Dishes at Thanksgiving Dinner Table
Saving Money on Thanksgiving Dinner
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin.
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
Thanksgiving Celebration
Thanksgiving Celebration Ideas
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls