Wine Stain on White Pants

My husband has a pair of white cotton pants that had red wine spilled on them. We tried to put club soda on them which helped some. After 2 weeks (we were on a trip), I put on Spray and Wash and washed them. The stain is faded but still there. Any suggestions?

Taryn from New Zealand

The best luck I have had with any type of stain on white cotton or cotton blends is a little diluted bleach (at least 5:1) applied with a Q-tip. That way you control where and how much bleach solution is getting on to the fabric. I then launder in the hottest water the material will hold.

Hope this helps.

Do not use hot water or the dryer. I love Zout. Sometimes things don't come clean the first wash, and I will apply a second coat while the item is wet, allow it to dry and wash it again. In the rare case that fails, the clorox bleach gel pen. You can also try Wine Away Red Wine Stain Remover!

I spilled red wine on my rug and did'nt notice it for some time so it was on the rug for a long time.I cleaned the rug with white vinegar(distilled)from the grocery store.Be care of bleach.It will leave even whiter spots where you use it.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 16, 2006
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors