Removing Furniture Polish Stain on Carpet

Category Carpet
Furniture Polish
Sometimes when we are cleaning and polishing we can have a mishap and create a new cleaning challenge. This guide is about removing furniture polish stain on carpet.

I bought a cherry wood antique chair recently. When I moved the chair last week while vacuuming, I noticed the cherry wood stain got on my white rug in 4 spots where the legs were resting. The chair's wood stain must not have been completely dry when I purchased the chair. I've tried a carpet cleaner, which didn't take the stain out at all. The antique store didn't have a clue to help me. Please send your ideas...thank you!

Libby G.

Answers

Several years ago, my cat knocked over a can of furniture stain my husband was using, leaving a huge spot on the living room carpet. After trying several expensive remedies with no luck, I tried a hint I read online -- squirt foaming shave cream on the stain, work it into the carpet with a rag or brush, let it dry, vacuum up. You may have to repeat a few times. Just get the cheapest shave cream at the store, or try whatever you have on hand -- as long as it's NOT GEL. I was very skeptical, but it worked! At most, you've lost a dollar if it doesn't work for you. Good luck!

Libertha?

I just dropped a quart of cherry stain on my white carpet!

Editor's Note: I'd try to get as much of it up as you can with rags or old towels being careful not to drip it on the rest of the carpet. I don't know that you will have much luck trying to get the stain out. I'd look for a new piece to replace that part of the carpet.

Anonymous

I just saw a video on YouTube where they suggested using WD-40! OMG!

I had three drops of dark Old English scratch

stain on my nylon carpet yesterday and it took it out like a charm !! Instantly!! amazing!!! Just make sure you have a rug/spot cleaner to take out the oiliness afterwards . :-)

Spilled Old English furniture polish on beige carpet. What can I do to remove stain?

What is it with all of us and Dark Walnut English Oil???

I sprayed WD-40 and let it sit for about 30-40 seconds then blotted - then sprayed again, blotted and then rubbed.

My carpet is light beige - no it's not - it is mostly white with tan in it. Short, tight Berber. We had a small flood in the basement and I was giving the carpet away because insurance had to replace all of it. I was careless in polishing furniture 4 days ago and got over- spray everywhere. I asked a large family (who have had a lot of bad luck lately) if they wanted the room full of carpet and when they said yes - I panicked - I didn't want to give them terrible carpet. So I took a chance with the WD-40. I am amazed and stunned. I did not think it would work. I have a steam cleaner and I used it to put moisture back into the carpet. It is unbelievable! They loved the carpet and I showed them the 15" X 18" section they would have to look out for. I think the suggestion of using a little diluted Dawn with the hydrogen peroxide might help the spot to NOT collect every little piece of dirt that comes across it.

So very glad I ran across this post! I hope this helps someone else too.

I got black furniture polish stain on my carpet. How can it be removed?

By Jatin

Answers

I got Old English furniture scratch cover for dark woods on the carpet. How do I get it out?

Try WD40. Then use a carpet stain remover for the WD40. Who would have believed it.. Let us know how it worked for you.

I spilled dark brown furniture paint on my Persian rug. How do I remove it urgently?

Answers

Make a solution of 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part Blue Dawn. Work in with a brush. Spray with distilled water and blot with a clean white rag.

Dab the stain with a small amount of club soda, plain water, or a mixture of eight ounces of water, one drop of uncolored dish soap, and one teaspoon of white vinegar. After blotting, dry the spot with a hair dryer.

Anonymous

Thanks so much for your information. I removed the total stain. I used a Viva paper towel and blotted the spots of Old English Dark Furniture Oil on my white carpet several times and then sprinkled lighter fluid on what was left of the stains and blotted the stains again with clean Viva paper towels. It all came out immediately.

I appreciate your input and help.

Old English furniture polish spilled on my carpet. How do I clean it?

By Marily from Canton, OH

Answers

I too tried the automotive hand cleaner. It worked! I didn't let it sit very long. I blotted a lot first. Used a small amount on a Q-tip, agitated, blotted again, then used damp paper towel. It took the Old English Furniture Polish out 100%! Amazing! Awesome! I'm so happy! Thanks for the tip!

How do I remove dark furniture polish from white carpet?

By Elizabeth