Natural Chipmunk Repellent

We have a chipmunk living under our slab foundation. We have tried everything to get rid of it, chemicals that smell like foxes' urine and gasoline down the hole.

We need help?

By Nana

Best Answer

I also have chipmonks. I can't ge trid of them completely but I do controll them. I bought a "hav a hart" trap at the local hardware store. I bait the trap with sunflower seeds. When I trap one I take it for a ride about 10 miles away and release it. No need for any sprays or chemicals. Every one ends up happy.

Best Answer

Mothballs are supposed to work. Relocating the chipmunk is illegal and cruel, often causing them to die of change shock (usual cause of death among housecats abandoned alongside the road or that run away at the vet's). More humane to just kill them with a large rat trap. Find out what draws them to your yard, and change it if possible.

Depends on the state....but from your comment, obviously you have little experience with wild animals.

My friend's 80+ yr old mom has these and sets gopher traps. They eat the underside of her deck and steps. As rodents do, you must do. I do not make friends with mice or rats either. They go. Will save thousands of dollars of needed repair. Those who think we should protect all varmits apparently don't live where they are cumbersome, destroy house and home, eat the wires in the attics, etc and create fires as well as health code violations and fire codes.

A skunk wandering into the garage will also not be met friendly either.

July 17, 2010 Flag

I have a family of chipmunks living under my porch and I need to get rid of them permanently. Does anyone know of a natural repellent that will make them move away from my yard? I'm desperate!

By Sarah from MI

Answers:

Natural Chipmunk Repellent

Forget looking for some natural repellent. Go to your local hardware store and buy a Havahart trap. Cost is about $30. Bait the trap with sunflower seeds. Put the trap near the porch. When you trap one take it for a ride of about 10 miles and release it from the trap. preferably in a wooded area. Repeat until all the chipmunks are gone. (05/22/2010)

By foxrun41

Natural Chipmunk Repellent

I know this sounds funny, but I had a chipmunk in my garage that would not leave. I bought a plug-in rodent repeller and plugged it in. No more chipmunk. Maybe you could hook up an extension cord with the rodent repeller plugged into the end and place under your porch. The sound from the plug-in makes a very unpleasant environment for the rodents. Good luck. (05/26/2010)

By yoder178

Yellow pine chipmunk on a rock.
Natural Chipmunk Repellents
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 17, 2010
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Hand feeding a rescued chipmunk.
Caring for a Rescued Chipmunk
Sand Flies
Natural Repellent for Sand Flies
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
🎉
🎄