Should I Get A Mohawk?

I have been wanting a Mohawk for a while now but I don't know if I should. I don't care what other people think, but I'm very self critical. Any advice?

bethalizx

If you don't mind spending an extra 30 - 45 minutes (or more!) EVERY DAY doing your hair, then I'd say go for it! ...BUT, If you're lazy like me... maybe not! ... I almost cut my hair into a style that would demand constant up-keep recently, but decided against it when I REALLY thought about it, cause I don't like to deal with taking the time each & every day before I leave the house to go through a long ritual...

For more info about what the upkeep of a Mohawk, read here:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf63838251.tip.html

All mohawks aren't very time consuming. If you go for a shorter one, all you'll need is some gel and you're good to go. (When I was in college w/dyed hair, I swore by this method) The taller the mohawk, the more devoted you'll have to be. But you know this already, I'm sure. Remember you'll also be getting the second takes and constant questions from onlookers. As long as you can fend off those, go for it! There are few opportunities in life where you get to do anything you want to your appearance and have no repercussions. Have fun!

I've had mowhawks before and they really do not take 30 to 45 minutes to gel up, and sometimes you dont even have to wear it up, i even gave my friend one the other day. I say go for it! Think about it this way... its only hair. It's only temporary and if you dont like it just buzz it off. You dont even have to go to a professional place. Get some clippers from a walmart or something and get someone to do it for you. Let me know if you did it.

Go for it! You do what you want. It's your hair! You have to live with it.

My nephew had a mohawk for a long time. Everything said below is true. They are high maintenance, but it's only hair. It'll be temporary and fixable if you don't like it.

I think it labels you. Depends on what that stands for in your area. I agree about the job especially. You have to have a pretty liberal boss to want that look in their place of business. You didn't say how old you are, so it may not matter to you right now.

I thought mohawks were not in style any more.

It's a personal choice. If you want to wear a mohawk, do it if you feel that it will be what you want. The only thing that you would have to worry about at all is if it might affect you in getting/keeping a job, or getting/staying in school.

See if you can find a barber or salon that has one of those computer programs that shows how you will look in different hairstyles and try it out using a picture of yourself first.

I say "go for it". If you don't like it, hair grows fast. The thing with a job...seems to me that if you're clean shaven, well dressed, good manners, respectful of others, etc. it would'nt hinder you all that much. But, I'm an old lady (LOL) who years ago stopped caring what people think. Personally, tatoos are much less appealing that a mohawk in my opinion. My 2 cents worth!

There are bathing suit caps you can use to put a fake mohawk on, so you could try it on over your real hair first. The fake mohawk could be cloth, paper, whatever.

Yes...You decide what you want...Unless you work or want to work at " Hot Topic" then if not it may be hard for you to keep or get a job. Trust me I have seen it happen. I personally like long hair..for there are many things you can do with long hair..but thats just my opinion. It also depends on what style your trying to achieve..if your trying to go gangster..your going in the wrong direction..lol..but if your trying to go Punk, Indie, Rocker...ect. then your on the right tracks. But you need to also remember to just be yourself thats what its going to come down to in the end...and most the people you hang out w/ now won't be in your life 10 yrs from now. Don't be want others wanna see, be want you wanna be. So if this is wat you really wanna do..then go ahead...

If you don't care what others think, why ask our opinions? Decide what you want and go for it.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingMarch 25, 2008
Man With Spiked Mohawk in a Suit and Tie
Spiking a Mohawk
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Man with a mohawk.
Sleeping With a Mohawk Haircut
Medical Insurance Documents
How Long Should You Save Medical Insurance Documents?
🎉
🎄