Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Candles Fit into Candle Holders

If your candle is too large to fit in the candle holder, you can shave it down to make the end smaller. This is a guide about making candles fit into candle holders.

April 2, 2005 Flag

Candles too thick for your candle holders? Just dip the end of the candle into hot (just boiled) water for a few moments to soften the wax, immediately push the candle into the candle holders and the excess will be pushed out of the way.

By Irish

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 12, 2011 Flag

How do I stabilize candles that are slightly too loose in the candle holders?

By Shirley Ann S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I take another used candle, light it, and let the wax drip into the candle holder. Then while the wax is still liquidy, I put my new candle in the holder and hold it in an upright position until the melted wax in the bottom cools.

Best Answer

If you hold the candle over a stove burner until slightly softened, then it can be put in the holder. If you add a few drops of water to the holder before inserting the candle, the wax will not stick and clean up will be easier.

Best Answer

You can also dip the holder in hot water before putting the candle into them and they will form into the candle.

Best Answer

You could also try wrapping a rubber band around the candle base, and it should help a too small candle fit into a larger holed stick.

Best Answer

As a wedding hostess I used narrow strips of waxed paper, wrapped until the right thickness, then pressed and twisting candle down into holder, it fit perfectly that way. You can also use plain tape and then wrap the base until the thickness you need. I prefer the wax paper, though.

Best Answer

I use toothpicks. Just poke a toothpick into the candle holder next to the candle, then break off the toothpick at the base. Use as many toothpicks as necessary to wedge the candle in tightly.

I do the same thing as Patty Lynn but if another candle isn't available I just use the same one I want to stabilize.

Lit Candle
Candle Tips and Tricks
Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 7, 2017
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Pile of unused candles showing wear
Refurbishing Old Candles
Saving Money on Candles
Saving Money on Candles
Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 21, 2017 at 1:21:55 AM on 10.0.0.208 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.