Remedy for a Stinky Dog

I wrote asking for tips and have now cured the 'smelly' dog. I got a second vet's opinion regarding the awful smell my chocolate brown Lab had. The vet diagnosed a yeast infection and prescribed an anti fungal and anti bacterial shampoo. Shampoo twice a week for a month. After one shampoo the awful pervading smell vanished. I will continue and finish the treatment.

By Sylvia

Have you ever heard of a tomato juice bath? we hear of people here in Missouri & their pets who get "skunked" (sprayed by a skunk) & they have always said bathe afterward in tomato juice. I have never had to do this.So, I do not know. (relating rumor)

I had a mixed beagle/chihuahua that got skunk sprayed and I washed her in tomato juice because I'd always been told that was the right thing to do for the smell. I washed her over and over and over again with tomato juice. It didn't work very well. Eventually, the smell dissipated, but the tomato juice was not the cure I'd hoped for.

I had a cat get sprayed by a skunk many years ago in Colorado.

I gave a bath first with tomato juice and then shampooed and rinse him.

It works!

Dog laying on a couch.
Remedies for Stinky Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthOctober 16, 2009
Picture of a man holding up stinky shoes.
Remedies for Stinky Shoes
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
Remedies for Stinky Feet
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
🎉
🎄