Organizing With Your Computer

I started doing this in January 1997 and it's amazing how helpful to my family and myself it's been! I use my computer and on the desk top, I opened a "new text" and titled it "Diary". I don't have to be "online".

I write on the top of the page, what month and year it is. Then I number it down from the first of the month to the end of the month.

I keep track of doctor appointments, special events, or just things I want to remember. At the end of each month, I copy and paste onto a blank "text" and print it off. In my file I have one page for every month going back to 1997.

At the end of the year, I just put that year together so I can go back to what ever year I need. I'm going on 60 years old and I tend to forget a lot of things but if you give me a few minuets, I can tell you from looking it up. Every time you add something new to the page, don't forget to save it!

By Donita from Colorado

Grea tip! I think I am going to try this. Thanks!!!

Being in my 40's and busy I have two calendars

one in kitchen one a hall wall BUT

they are coming down tomorrow! I am going to

do this instead. It will make my life easier.

It will help remind me what was done when

doctor appts. , vet appts for doggie.

THANK YOU for this Wonderful & Sensible tip.

You can also quickly find when things happened by using the "find" command under the edit menu (or just key in command + F). A little dialog box opens up and you can type in what you are looking for (for example, type in 'Dr.') and it will highlight each place in the document where that word crops up.

Instead of typing out the numbers yourself, you can also use the calendar included in your software. On a Mac it's called the iCal, on a pc it's called Windows Calendar.

A laptop computer with file folders on the keyboard.
Organizing Computer Files
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 12, 2008
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software