Making Clothes for a Tea Cup Chihuahua

I need some instructions for sewing my own dog clothing. I have just recently adopted (well was given as a birthday present!) a 7 week old tea cup Chihuahua puppy. Now what I'm looking for is some directions for a jacket (I have extra denim from old pants) and a hoodie (I have old sweats i don't use any more ) some shirts and some sweat shirts. Any thing at all! Thanks!

Marisa from Santa Maria, CA

Well I figured it out on my own! So what do you think?

Cute! I've also seen small dogs wearing some baby clothes tops.

He will need a lot of clothes, I have 3 Chihuahuas, none are Tcup, but we keep the house cool and they shake and shiver, so I buy a lot of clothing on line for them. Ebay has a lot to sell. Your new baby looks like our Corky, he is so precious your little one. He will do his share of shivering. Starting him young to wear clothes is the best this way he wont fuss when he gets older. Love your baby to death as they have to have human affection. Sally-n-Tucson.

He's ADORABLE! But yes, I used to use sleeves of sweat shirts with the 2 holes - thats perfect! You may also be able to find some doll clothes that fits! (smiles) Here is my dog in his flannel we got from goodwill baby dept.

I found that it was cheaper and just plain easier to hit the clearance infant clothing racks. our dollar store even had a couple of cute t-shirts and onsies that could be altered - with just a couple of stitches here and there. Puppies grow so fast - they won't fit for long!!

Aw cute x would you happen to have a pattern you could send me via email to kittycat7777 AT hotmail.com.uk I also have the same problem tiny clothes. I want to make some for the chihuahua pup I'm getting. Your dog and her little top are adorable xxx

This is so adorable. I have a wee chi as well, and she loves her sweatshirt hoodie.Sshe also loves her jammies.

How did you do that? Very cute! I have a little black chi also, and I need to make some clothes for her as well to prepare for winter. The problem is, I don't know how to sew. Please contact me at: baby-popcorn AT hotmail.com

Maria in Santa Fe

You can knit a handmade sweater by yourself, there are lots of patterns, i like this one http://chihuahu  hua-clothes.html