Keeping Birds Out Of the Garden

I love growing my summer garden in large containers. It's much easier to control the soil quality, fertilizer, and water. I keep them near my back door for easy reach from the kitchen. My only problem is that birds will not leave them alone. One perfect beautiful tomato after another pecked to pieces.

My solution? I cut strips of low cost (I bought at my local Dollar Tree) silver metallic gift wrap and tied them to to the wooden tee pees that support the tomatoes. The birds seem frightened by them waving brightly in the sun. They have left the whole garden alone ever since.

By Amy from MS Delta

Sparrows taking the seeds from a sunflower
Keep Birds Out of the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodJune 22, 2011
Protecting Fruit Trees From Birds
Protecting Fruit Trees From Birds
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Keeping Birds Away
dog food outside
Keeping Birds Out of Dog's Food